About Janet Lynn
Janet Lynn is a professional singer, performer, published songwriter/producer with over 40 years in the music business. Starting out in her parent's band at age 5, Janet sang in most dance halls across Texas. At age 6, she was singing on the famous Louisiana Hayride, where Elvis got his start. She has extensive band experience, live stage performance experience, radio/tv and studio experience in Texas since age 10 and in Nashville at the age of 14. She's toured all over the USA and Europe, performer of television and radio, from Austin City Limits to Nashville's Grand Ole Opry.
Janet is a member of the Texas Music Hall of Fame and The Western Swing Hall of Fame. The list of artists she's worked with or opened for includes, Johnny Cash, Tommy Cash, Charlie Louvin (from the legendary Louvin Brothers), Wanda Jackson, Kitty Wells, David Ball, Johnny Rodriguez, Johnny Gimble, Stonewall Jackson, Barbara Mandrell, George Jones, Johnny Paycheck, Johnny Bush, Fiddlin' Frenchie Burke, Ray Price, and many more.
Janet at Austin City Limits.
More about Janet Lynn:
• Started performing professionally at age 5
• At age 6, a performance on the Louisiana Hayride
• At age 14, recorded her first recording contract with Columbia Records
• 4 career albums/CD's with three #1 singles before age 20
• The Girl You Left Behind CD on AusTex Records (4 months on the Americana Charts)
• Published songwriter
• 3 Performances on Austin City Limits
• ACL LegendsWestern Swing Show with Gimble, J.R. Chatwell (being the youngest performer on the show)
• Vocal coach on the original recordings of songs written by Bruce Robison, which became hit songs recorded by George Strait, The Dixie Chicks, Patti Loveless, and Travis Tritt
• Performed on the Legendary Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN
• Performed on the Ernest Tubb's Midnight Jamboree LIVE on WSM Radio, following the Opry
• Co-stared in Tommy Cash's European DVD tribute to his brother, Johnny Cash, filmed live in a Denmark prison. Janet sang background vocals plus sang June Carter's part on the famous duet "Jackson"
Janet's instruments: her voice, drums, acoustic rhythm guitar, and piano
Janet's musical influences and heroes: Connie Smith, Johnny Bush, Becky Hobbs, Linda Ronstadt, Ray Price, Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, Emmylou Harris, Elvis, Loretta Lynn, Buck Owens, Les Paul and Mary Ford, Irma Thomas, Motown artists, and any and all music, as long as it was good and it grooved. Her mother, Irene Franklin, who was a pioneer in Texas in being one of the first women songwriters and female bandleaders paving the way for other females like me. "Momma taught me the value of stage presence and stage craft."
Janet's Harmony Heroes: Bonnie Owens, singer with Merle Haggard, Don Rich singer with Buck Owens, Everly Brothers, Louvin Brothers, The Whites, The Eagles and harmony singers who know when and when not to sing and the art of blending.
Genres: Country, Texas and Western Swing, Blues, Big Band, Original Music, Rock Oldies, Gospel, Pop
Location: Music Lessons and Vocal Coaching must be in the Austin, Texas area
(Instructors who work with Janet are all experienced, award winning, studio and live professional musicians)
Life Coaching: A graduate of the Christian Coaching Institute. Sessions can be conducted from anywhere via telephone, tele-class, email and Internet. Life coaching is not therapy, not psychoanalysis, but an educated partner trained to help you get out of your own way and live life, work, and perform to your highest potential. You never have to leave your home or office and all communication is strictly confidential. If you need office organization, it is required for Janet to travel to your office location.